Data protection and fraud prevention
The information given on this form may be held on computer to enable the Council to meet its statutory duties. We may use the information you have provided to prevent and detect fraud.
We may also share this information with other councils or agencies that handle public funds.
The direct debit guarantee:
• This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay direct debits.
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your direct debit, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Southend-on-Sea Borough Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your direct debit by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Southend-on-Sea Borough Council asks you to.
• You can cancel a direct debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.